• publish: 19 September 2015
  • time: 10:09 am
  • category: Security&Crime
  • No: 1313
Print

Investigating team submits report to the President regarding Ghazni’s prison break   

The Fact Finding Team that was assigned to investigate the escape of 355 prisoners from Ghazni jail has submitted its report to the Presidential Palace, The Ministry of Interior has announced.

Sediq Sediqi, spokesman for the Ministry of Interior without providing further details has told Hasht e Subh news that the Fact Finding Team has conducted its investigation and its findings would be shared with media this week.

Meanwhile, Khaliqdad Akbari head of Ghazni’s Provincial Council says that the police HQ had been informed about the possibility of attack on Ghazji jail.

However, Abdul Hakim Angar police chief of Ghazni province rejects the claim and says that had no awareness of the plot.

The attack was carried out by a group of Taliban armed with heavy and light weapons early on Monday morning.

It started with a suicide attack at the front gate of the prison after which a group of Taliban stormed the jail and set free 355 prisoners.

According to the Ministry of Interior, 148 of those escaped were arrested on terrorism charges.

Four policemen embraced martyrdom in the attack while seven others sustained injuries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *