• publish: 12 April 2018
  • time: 5:46 pm
  • category: Security&Crime
  • No: 6263
Print

Khost peace tent survived in explosion

According to officials a bomb blast took place near a peace advocacy tent in the capital of southeastern Khost province on Thursday, but fortunately caused no casualties.

Acting provincial police chief Col. Abdul Hanan Zadran said that the explosive device had been placed in a flower pot that went off at around 12pm this afternoon, but no one was hurt.Pajhwak news reported.

The tent was erected by members of “South Pakhtunkhwa Pakhtun Protection Movement in Khost city.

One of the tent organizers, Mohammad Rahim Sekandar, said the explosion happened a few meters away from the tent but it caused no casualties.

He said all his friends remained in the tent and they would inaugurate it in few hours.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the explosion.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *