Eyewitnesses saying that the shopkeepers managed to extinguish the fire before it engulfs through the market.
The incident took place earlier today in Afghan Market which houses hundreds of shops and stores.
Circumstance surrounding the outbreak of the fire has not been ascertained so far but similar incidents have taken place in the past due to electric short circuit and gas cylinder explosion.
Mandawi is one of the oldest market places of Kabul city where hundreds of whole sale and retail shops are supplying commodities to other markets in Kabul and provinces.
A similar incident took place in Mandawi Bazar in late December of 2015 in which hundreds of shops gutted in fire inflicting huge financial losses on market merchants.