• publish: 7 March 2018
  • time: 6:04 pm
  • category: Security&Crime
  • No: 5969

Suicide attack in Nangarhar province left 13 people dead, wounded

Local officials in eastern Nangarhar province have confirmed that a number of people were killed and wounded after a suicide bomber blew himself up.

The Spokesman for Nangarhar provincial government Ataulla Khogyani said on Wednesday at least 2 people were killed and 11 others were wounded after a suicide bomber detonated his explosive vests in Jalalabad city of the province.

He said the suicide bomber approached Abdul Zaher Haqqani, head of the Nangarhar provincial director of religious affairs and the Haj pilgrimage, and detonated his explosive vest, killing the official and his bodyguard.

“He was coming off a bridge when the attacker approached him and blew himself up close to his car,” Khogyani added.

No group including Taliban and ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *