• publish: 2 November 2020
  • time: 12:59 pm
  • category: Politics
  • No: 15877
Print

Taliban may have used drone in Kunduz attack

New York Times report, a worrisome shift in the battle tactics of the Taliban militants, the strike has reportedly targeted governor’s compound in Kunduz Province.

On Sunday, an attack most likely carried out by a drone, killed at least four security officers in Kunduz the northern part of the country.

According to the officials, this could be the Taliban’s first publicly used method in 19 years.

The strike killed four of the governor’s security guards while they were playing volleyball inside the compound, and eight others are left wounded.

Ghulam Rabbani Rabbani, a member of Kunduz’s provincial council, told New York Times, “It is not clear that it was an explosion or a missile or drone attack.”

A similar type of Attack occurred in Kunduz’s governor compound, leaving one person dead.

Such war methods were previously used by ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

This is despite the fact that Intra-Afghan talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban in Qatar have stalled and the war in the country has intensified.

Earlier, First Vice President Amrullah Saleh said the Afghan government has been successful in testing tools that can repel the Taliban’s thermal, night vision attacks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *