The announcement, delivered on Twitter, surprised much of Washington and diplomats at the UN, raising questions about the future of the U.S. in Afghanistan if the peace talks do not get back on track.
- Pakistan hosts quadrilateral meeting on Afghan peace talks on Monday
- The 5th round of America-Taliban direct peace talks ended without leading to peace in Afghanistan
- Khalilzad and Ghani had good meeting about peace talks
- 7th round of US-Taliban peace talks to start on Saturday
- Taliban informing about Duha peace talks incorrect