The proposal by Noor was followed a day after the Afghan lawmakers in the Lower House of the Parliament – Wolesi Jirga rejected Masoom Stanikzai as Afghanistan’s defense minister.
Noor said he is recommending nominees for the Ministry of Defense considering the importance of the ministry and ongoing situation of the country.
The nominees proposal by Noor to the leaders of the government of national unity, includes:
- Former Defense Minister Bismillah Mohammadi.
2. Gen. Abdul Rauf Begi.
3. Former Deputy Defense Minister Gen. Atiqullah Baryalai.
4. Deputy Afghan Army Chief of Staff Gen. Murad Ali Murad.
5. Gen. Mohammad Daud Azizi
6. Deputy Defense Minister Gen. Humayun Fawzi.
7. Former Deputy Interior Minister for security Gen. Helaluddin Helal.
8. Gen. Hafizullah
9. Commander of border protection forces Gen. Rahmatullah Raufi.
10. Gen. Abdullah Habibi.
11. Senior Air Force Officer Gen. Dawran Khan.
Noor had earlier expressed angry reactions regarding the nomination of Masoom Stanikzai as the minister of defense by the government and accused him of being involved in a plot which led to the assassination of the former Afghan President and high peace council chief Burhanuddin Rabbani.
stanikzai was the third nominee for the Ministry of Defense and was nominated for the post by the government. The second nominee for the Ministry of Defense was Gen. Afzal Ludin who gave up his nomination earlier in April this year.
The initial nominee for the Ministry of Defense was the former Afghan Army Chief of Staff Gen. Sher Mohammad Karimi who was rejected by the lawmakers in the Lower House of the Parliament.