• publish: 30 October 2019
  • time: 9:07 am
  • category: Politics
  • No: 11188
Print
The Afghan Army’s Chief of Staff:

Afghan forces fully capable

The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces are undertaking over 90 percent of all military duties independently across Afghanistan.

The Afghan Army’s Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Bismillah Waziri on Tuesday said that the Afghan National Security and Defense Forces (ANSDF) have got the full strength in combating insurgents in the battlefields.

 But the Afghan security forces still need air support.

“The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces are undertaking over 90 percent of all military duties independently across Afghanistan. However, sometimes we still need the remaining 10 percent aerial support of our international colleagues,” said Waziri.

 A number of Afghan National Army officers said that they are fully capable of combatting insurgents on the battlefields.

 “We use the war tactics which we learn in our training,” said Mohammad Anwar, a new army graduate of Marshal Fahim National Defense University.

 “Our message to the enemy is that we are stronger than you, and we will not allow you to destroy our country Afghanistan,” said Khalid, a graduate.

 Waziri warned insurgents in strong terms:

 “Those who reject the call for peace: you will go to the graveyard.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *