• publish: 18 November 2021
  • time: 12:17 pm
  • category: Politics
  • No: 19863
Print

Daesh claims responsibility for two explosions in Kabul

Islamic State (ISIS-K/Daesh) claimed responsibility for two explosions that hit a Shi’ite Muslim area of Kabul on Wednesday, killing at least one person and wounding six others including three women.

The blasts were the latest in a series of attacks in Kabul claimed by the militant Sunni group in recent days, with Shi’ite areas in the west of the city targeted several times, Reuters reported. The group has also launched attacks on Shi’ite mosques in the northern city of Kunduz and the southern city of Kandahar.

One car bomb blast in Dasht-e Barchi, in western Kabul, killed a civilian and wounded six, interior ministry spokesman Qari Sayeed Khosty said in a tweet.

There was no confirmation of casualty numbers. An Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) official who spoke on condition of anonymity said seven people had been killed and nine wounded.

A second explosion was reported in the nearby Karte 3 area, local residents said.

Images posted on social media showed a car destroyed by flames as well as twisted wreckage strewn across the road. Daesh claimed responsibility in a statement posted on an affiliated Telegram account, Reuters reported.

The local affiliate of the radical group has emerged as the main security threat to the IEA since the fall of Kabul in August.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.