• publish: 13 March 2021
  • time: 12:55 pm
  • category: Politics
  • No: 17204
Print

Death toll in Herat car bomb climbs to 8

The death toll in a deadly car bomb attack in Herat city rose to eight, the Interior Ministry (MoI) confirmed early Saturday morning.

The MoI said that an explosive-laden vehicle detonated in PD14 of the city on Friday night.

At least eight people – including a policeman, three children, two women, and two men were killed in the blast.

According to the MoI, at least 54 people including 47 civilians were also wounded in the explosion.

Tariq Arian, a spokesman for the MoI said in a tweet that as many as 14 houses were damaged in the blast.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *