He also called on residents to support the Afghan armed forces.
During his visit to Nangarhar, Mohib told officials to “target the enemy in their bases and hideouts,” so as to prevent them from attacking civilians and public facilities.
Mohib also met with officials in Kunar and Laghman provinces and raised the issue of recent cross-border rocket attacks by Pakistan.
“The shelling will not go without a response, and Pakistan will not be allowed to build facilities on Afghan soil,” Mohib said.
This comes after lawmakers in Afghanistan’s parliament on Saturday summoned acting Minister of Interior Affairs Massoud Andarabi to report on the recent rocket attacks by Pakistani forces.
Parliament noted in a report that over the past year, Pakistan military forces have fired over 13,000 mortar rounds on Afghanistan’s eastern provinces.
Last week, at least eight civilians were killed in rocket attacks on Kunar province by Pakistan forces.
Local officials in Kunar said a firefight had broken out between Afghan security forces and Pakistan forces after Pakistan tried to establish new outposts inside Afghan territory.