Sediqqi on Twitter also said the group’s violence has damaged people’s expectations for peace.
The recent escalation of Taliban violence in cities, attacks on security forces, roadside bombings and targeting government employees “have damaged the hopes and expectations of the people and the international community for dialogue and making peace,” Sediqqi tweeted.
Sediqqi also said: “It is time for the Taliban to renounce violence and enter the peace process in a real way.”
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid in a series of tweets said the war is going on because “we have not received another choice.”
“Irresponsible statements and accusations will not solve the problem. The process of releasing the prisoners must be completed as soon as possible, intra-Afghan negotiations must begin, this is the only real way to solve the problems and a logical position.” Mujahid tweeted.
Despite international calls for a reduction of violence in Afghanistan, violence and war continue to grip the Afghan people in various regions of the country, inflicting a high death toll.
On Saturday, at least 9 civilians were killed and eight more wounded in separate incidents in Ghazni, Faryab and Maidan Wardak provinces.
At least six civilians were killed and eight more were wounded in a roadside bomb explosion in the Dara-e-Qiaq area of Jaghatu district of Ghazni province, said Wahidullah Jumazada, a spokesman for Ghazni’s governor.
The incident occurred after a vehicle carrying civilians in the area struck a roadside bomb and women and children were among the casualties, said Jumazada.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.